Disclaimer: This post does not promote the use of cannabis for recreational purposes in any way. The aim of this post is as always to educate and empower people about the cannabis economy’s three aspects – recreational, medicinal and industrial. Using cannabis’ flowers or buds directly for recreational purposes and cultivating the cannabis plant is illegal in India. However that being said, this unregulated economy continues to function (because economics 101-where there’s supply, there’s demand) and there’s a general lack of awareness among people about certain aspects of it.
As a cannabis user in college around eight years ago, I experimented with a multitude of factors in Bengaluru’s recreational cannabis scene – the sellers themselves, who kept appearing and disappearing at will, basis market forces, the quality of the ganja, which varied depending on the seller and his source; it sometimes looked as black as coal, being laced with the worst substances possible (an unregulated economy means there’s no quality control like other consumer markets where the best quality product at the best price point wins the customer) sometimes dark brown with a lot of seeds, highlighting the plant hadn’t been grown properly, or even sometimes, really green, like how it should be.
I mostly used four different ‘mechanisms’, namely – the ‘gravity’ (which in retrospect is an ‘enhanced’ bong, because the underlying principle of burning the flower is the same – through water), a rolled joint, the ‘bong’ and lastly, the ‘chillum’, which is a pipe that’s shaped like a long, thin funnel made of earthen clay and then dried.
The focus of this article is the bong. A bong is a filtration device that uses water to remove the water soluble molecules from the burning solid (in this case cannabis), under pressure from the inhaling strength of the user, through an opening provided at the mouth of the instrument. Below are the top 10 websites from where you can order a bong made of materials like plastic polymer, metal, bamboo or glass, in all sorts of shapes which includes penises and breasts. My personal recommendation is glass, but one needs to be careful and not break it accidentally.
- Little Goa – https://www.littlegoa.com/: Definitely India’s most well known stoner paraphernalia company, these guys are into offline retail as well
- Flipkart: India’s largest e-commerce company, now owned by Walmart sell bongs as well, here:
- Amazon: India’s second largest e-commerce company by market share also sells bongs, not to be left behind in tapping the stoners’ attention for smoking paraphernalia:
- India Bongs:
- SlimJim: One of my favourite websites for all things Stoner:
- R3 Wholesale: Another good website, features two really pretty models on their cover picture:
- Moksha Bongs:
- Nature India:
Happy Smoking! Peace.